These days, when consumers are conducting a search, they almost always include a location to narrow the results, or if they are searching from a smartphone, they typically have their GPS turned on, allowing Google to automatically filter the results for their location.
These five tips can help you be seen:
1. Be sure you have a Google+ account. Let’s face it: Google + has not become the social platform Google hoped it would, and Google Hangouts aren’t bound to overtake Facebook any time soon. Yet Google+ does one thing very well: It enhances your local visibility if you take the time to verify your business with Google and complete your business page profile and mapped location.
2. When creating content, find ways to incorporate the locations that you are targeting. For example, if you are an auto detailer in Orange County, instead of just talking about auto detailing in general, talk about auto detailing in Orange County or Orange County residents who need auto detailing. This will help to ensure that when someone is looking for auto detailing in Orange County, they will find you.
3. List your business everywhere: Claim your profile in Manta and on Hoover; create or claim profiles on YP and Yelp. Don’t leave anything to chance – and don’t rely only on Google. There are plenty of consumers out there using Yahoo and Bing.
4. Get active on social media. Post regularly on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn. Share your blog posts, make comments about other articles and engage with your audience. Use your targeted location to search for followers, as a hashtag or in the body of the social media content.
5. Create local citations for your business and keywords in Authoritative Search Portals customized for your products in the Boomja Network to generate local organic search results in all the cities you need to generate traffic or sales in. Learn more about the opportunity to leverage The Boomja Network.
Image Source: The Boomja Network